A Prime Manufacturing Source of Quality Electrical Contacts, and Contact AssembliesFor over 65 years, Hoyt has been a prime manufacturing source of quality electrical contacts, and contact assemblies for both the Electrical Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) market as well as the replacement aftermarket supplying rebuilding and service shops around the world.
Hoyt manufactures a vast array of both standard and custom designed electrical parts. Our skilled technical staff provides customers with value-added engineering, whereby, products can be duplicated exactly or redesigned and engineered for improved economy and performance.
- Rail Transportation Market - Includes production of new parts and equipment for OEM Diesel Locomotives and Transit Trains, as well as a full line of aftermarket replacement items. Also serviced through this market segment is our Mining Products used in both above and below ground mining efforts.
- Power Utility Market - Includes OEM production for low to medium voltage electrical switchgear products, and includes full contact assembly and complete switch production. Included in this market segment is our line of "AGALOY" refractory and semi-refractory metal contact materials and "THERMASINK" refractory heat sink products.
- Industrial Motor Controls Market - Includes contacts for OEM motor control products as well as our line of aftermarket "HOYT Brand" replacement contact kits. This segment services the HVAC, Elevator, Material Handling, Motor Control, Lighting and Industrial applications markets.
- Government Sales Market - Includes government graded and approved contacts for both OEM production as well as repair and replacement parts for military, marine, nuclear and aerospace applications.
Sales and Distribution - Hoyt uses traditional sales and distribution channels relative to the markets being served:
Order Size Is Never a Problem - Orders from 10 to over 1,000,000 are welcome at Hoyt. We specialize in LOW VOLUME and SHORT-RUN production. We rely on modern quick change set-up devices and universal tooling designs to support the wide range of production requirements needed on a monthly basis.
- Direct Sales Force
- Wholesale Stocking Depots
- Jobbers, rebuilders, service centers and distributors
- Manufacturers Representatives
Custom Parts - For unusual, discontinued or PROTOTYPE production, Hoyt maintains a separate MODEL SHOP area to offer our customers the advantage of speed in an emergency situation as well as and ability to test new ideas without the hassles of high tooling costs and long lead-times.
Stocking Depots - Hoyt maintains a network of stocking wholesale warehouses across North America for sales of its aftermarket motor control contact kits. These off-the-shelf, frequently used parts are available for immediate delivery. This supports Hoyt's strategy for maintaining the largest inventory of replacement contact kits in North America and offers our customers our unique 100% stocking guarantee. For a complete listing of our stocking depots please visit the "Contact Kits" section of this site.
History - Hoyt was established in 1922 by Walter Hoyt, as a service shop specializing in making carbon brushes primarily for the elevator repair shops in New York City. In 1955, the firm was sold to its current ownership, and the market was expanded to include supplying copper contacts and other related electrical parts for elevators and other industries.
This effort met with success, and in 1967 Hoyt acquired the Copper Contact Company, and expanded into a new, much larger plant in Carlstadt, NJ. A second plant was soon opened in nearby Rutherford, NJ, in order to meet increased customer needs. In 1976 Hoyt acquired the Seager Carbon Company in New York City.
Greater expansion requirements in 1981 necessitated a move to larger and more modern facilities in Englewood, NJ. All operations were consolidated at this location the same year, and our powder metallurgical facilities were established to manufacture refractory and semi-refractory metal contacts.
During this period the carbon brush portion of the business was sold and the elevator parts business was discontinued in order to concentrate our efforts on the silver and copper based contact business.
In 1999 Hoyt again expanded its capabilities by acquiring a copper extrusion plant to support its growing need for high quality, low cost, copper metal shaped bars for use in its contact product line. It formed a partnership to create Birdsboro Extrusions, LLC, in Birdsboro, Pennsylvania.
Please take a moment to also visit our web-site at: www.BirdsboroExtrusions.com for more information on Hot Extruded, Cold-Drawn Copper bars and shapes.